To apply, send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Details: Internship at AccessEast
Do you study English and speak a Slavic language?
AccessEast is a translation company specialised in Slavic and Turkic languages. We are currently looking for an intern to join our team in Berlin. You are a:
- University student of English Studies or translation studies
- Near-native speaker of English
- Native speaker of a Slavic or Turkic language
We encourage all highly motivated young professionals to apply and discuss how they fit into our company. We are looking for dedicated and hard-working individuals who would like to contribute to our vision.
In order to provide the best experience for both sides, we prepare a plan prior to the beginning of the internship and discuss progress at weekly meetings. We consider your wishes and interests when assigning the weekly and monthly tasks. As a modern company, we encourage you to work independently and express yourself creatively, giving you a chance to make a substantial contribution to our business.
What we can offer
We think it is important that your internship fits into the path of your career goals. There will be a mentor assigned to you who helps you grow in the field you are doing your internship in. You absolutely won’t make us coffee or print documents all day long!
In addition to this:
- AccessEast will contribute to your personal and professional development by providing you with constructive feedback and mentoring, building your confidence and leadership skills whilst developing knowledge of entrepreneurship and the translation industry
- We will give you the opportunity to tackle tasks in a field without prior experience like marketing, sales and project management, with a higher level of responsibility than at larger agencies
- You will receive assistance with finding an affordable room in Berlin
- We will help you grow your professional network within Factory Berlin (the business club we work in) and explore Berlin’s famous start-up scene
Your key responsibilities
- Approaching new clients to help them access Eastern European markets
- Translation project management: recruiting and managing freelance translators
- Translating (you will get feedback from a more experienced translator)
- Writing and proofreading content about Eastern Europe and its markets and languages
- Posting on our social media channels
Last but not least
- You ideally start mid-October
- You can choose between a 3- or 6-month internship
- If you have applied for an Erasmus+ internship grant last year, you can use this for this internship